Saturday, June 5, 2010

What do I say in a blog?

I was visiting my friend Liz of the Wellbeing Centre yesterday and the subject of blogging came up - both of us being business owners trying to increase our customer base. We both felt we ought to blog, but we had various reasons why we didn't. The main one being not knowing what to write.

I'd been at a speed networking meeting the previous evening and had listened to the eminent Nigel Morgan - king of blogging - speak about how he finds things to blog about and it set me thinking as to whether I really didn't have anything to say. When I chatted to Liz about it it seemed more and more unlikely as I rarely find moments in life where I have nothing to say. How could blogging be so different?

So after dismissing the excuse of no time as not being the reason I didn't blog either - I waste loads of time in other ways, so this really wasn't going to cut it as a valid reason, I came to the realisation that I just didn't belive that people would be interested in what I had to say.

So I thought about where that belief came from and whether it was actually still serving me in my life and quickly realised it definitely wasn't.

So what to write. I thought of a blog I read, which is written by my friend Ali. She writes from the heart and I always find what she writes interesting and inspiring. So I thought if I write about various things that happen, which give me some kind of "aha" moment, maybe other people will find it interesting and inspiring too.

And then I realised I had the material for my "re-launch" blog entry.

No comments: