Saturday, February 16, 2008

New Eating Programme

Well, I'm 4 weeks into the new eating programme I blogged about in my last entry - inspired by the fantastic book "Potatoes Not Prozac" by Kathleen Desmaisons. Incidentally she also has a website which provides an overview of the programme and forums where people can send questions or just post their thoughts. I've found it really supportive to read about other people who have gone through similar stuff to me.

So, back to my progress. Well it started really well. The first step is to adjust your breakfast, or for those who skip this vital meal of the day, have one. As I have always eaten breakfast regularly, this was a fairly easy first step for me, although I know my friend has spent a bit more time on this stage. The second step, writing a food journal, also seemed fairly easy. So after 2 1/2 weeks, I was feeling fairly upbeat about moving onto step 3.

This is where by problems started. Step 3 requires you to eat 3 meals a day with protein at each meal (there's a bit more to it, but that's the basics, for the purpose of this blog). Well, I don't always eat 3 meals a day, so obviously I've been a bit up and down since then. It's amazing how such a simple adjustment can bring up so many "food issues". But unlike "wobbly moments" before, this time I feel I have the tools to recover and I have indeed rebalanced myself quicker than I would normally have done.

So while my initial naivety that it would all be easy and really quick has been scuppered again, I am still feeling really positive that this is the eating programme for me.

More later...

No comments: